Sunday, December 27, 2015

My View about Antichrist:

HE COMES FROM THE MIDDLE EAST,
NOT FROM EUROPE OR ELSEWHERE

Many on my email list will remember my understanding of prophecies in the book of Daniel:

My understanding is that the "Little Horn" in Daniel's visions (Daniel chapter 7:8, 24, 25; chapter 8:9, 23-25) is also called the "certain man" in another later vision (Daniel chapter 10:5, 6). He is an imposter, as the symbols identified with him are inferior to the symbols identified with Christ in Revelation 1:13-16.

This "certain man," is described by Gabriel in his interpretation of the vision as the "vile person" whose end-time destructive career is prophesied by the Angel in Daniel 11:21-45.

I understand that he is the future Antichrist or "Beast" of Revelation 13. His origin is in the Middle East, not in Europe, the United States, Russia, or elsewhere.

In 1983, I published a small book on the "Little Horn of the Book of Daniel" in which I said the following:

"His central power will be in he Middle East, not in the western Gentile kingdoms, as is so often advocated. The theory of a "restored Roman Empire," composed of European Common Market nations, has no foundation in Scripture." (page 89).

I repeated this same understanding of Daniel's visions in a later book, NOT ONE STONE, in 1993 (pages 1, 71-73), and I continue to maintain this understating of Daniel's prophetic visions.

I contend that there are several misleading ideas in a number of "study Bibles," commentaries, radio and television programs, and other sources dealing with the Book of Daniel. For instance --

The Scofield idea that the "Little Horn" of Daniel 8 is not the same as the "Little Horn" of Daniel 7, but rather refers to Antiochus Epiphanies in pre-Christian history. This theory originated with the Jews during the Old Testament period between Malachi and Matthew (See First Maccabees 1:54 in the Apocrypha). I don't find Antiochus anywhere in Daniel.

A similar idea is that the "king of the south" and the "king of the north" in Daniel 11 refer to the Ptolemies and Seleucids of Egypt and Assyria. I understand these verses to apply to the southern Arabs (Sunni) and northern Arabs (Shia) from the 7th century onward to the coming of the "vile person" in 11:21to 45

Another popular theory is that the "ten toes" of Daniel 2:43 which are "divided" and "shall not cleave one to another" are an end-time "restored Holy Roman Empire."

I understand the "ten toes" of Daniel 2:43 to represent divided Arab nations in the end-time. The word "mingle" in Daniel 2:43 is the word "Arab" (See Strong's Hebrew Dictionary, #6151). Rome is never mentioned anywhere in Daniel.

What is currently taking place in the Middle East appears to be very similar to what we read in Daniel about the "Little Horn" and his characteristics and end-time career.

Is Bible prophecy coming to pass? Of course, I do not know. My "standard" answer about the end-time is that "We are closer to the end than we were yesterday."

Any question or comment about this article? Call me at --
713) 477-2329
-- Bob L. Ross

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home